Thursday, October 6, 2016

Dividend income - September 2016

September broke records! Both good and bad records.

Unrelaized gains
At 9/1 the total unrealized gains on the portfolio were at $2328.
At 10/1 the total unrealized gains on the portfolio were at $1773.
That's a 23% loss, but obviously it's not that important. Price is just a number.
Value is what we care about!

New dividend income record
Much more interesting is the alltime high on dividend income.
I'm very pleased to announce my very first 3-digit monthly dividend income!

September 2016 earned me an amazing amount of $113.61 in dividends.

Here's the breakdown.

Dividend income

JNJ - $12.80
TGT - $16.80
AFL - $7.79
MCD - $4.45
CVX - $10.70
TROW - $6.48
QCOM - $7.42
WFC - $13.30
WMT - $2.50
ADM - $6.90
F - $6.75
BA - $8.72
VLO - $9.00

Total: $113.61 (pre tax)
Net received: $96.57



Comparison with last year (gross)
September 2015: $67.62
September 2016: $113.61

This is a 68% YoY increase. Wow!

Dividend raises
On September 28th, MCD increaseed their quarterly dividend from $0.89 to $0.94.
This is a 5.62% increase. Due to this change, my YOC is now at 3.97%.

Update on goals and Q3 result
My goal is to receive $750 net dividends in 2016.
As we are at the end of Q3, I'm afraid I am behind on schedule..
Net dividends received so far: $493.09, while it should have been $562.50.
It should still be possible to reach the goal, but it will be hard.

New to the series is the quarterly dividend income graph.

There's a 62% growth compared to Q3 2015. Looking good!

Thanks for reading.
How was your September?

9 comments:

  1. Gefeliciteerd D4S.

    Goed om te zien en te horen dat je een 3 digit hebt behaald.
    Heb je nog wat aandelen gekocht of verkocht in de tussentijd?

    Succes en ik ga je volgen.
    Willem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Willem,

      Thanks for your visit. I'll answer in English, because of the other viewers :)

      As a matter of fact, I have bought a few new stocks, but I still have to blog about that. Expect it in the next few weeks! Stay tuned.

      Thanks for your interest.
      Have a great day.
      DfS

      Delete
  2. Congrats on achieving a new dividend income record. Nice to see quite a few names in common between our portfolios. Keep it going. Those year over year increases are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Keith,

      Thanks, those common names are good news to me, as you are way ahead of me :)
      You were one of the first blogs I came across with. So keep it up! We are both doing great.

      DfS

      Delete
  3. congrats on entering 3 digits! and 68% increase since last year! very nice! keep it growing and soon you will be entering 4 digits! best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HHWG,

      Thank you. I appreciate your continued support.

      4 digits seems many miles away, as you need a $400k portfolio to generate $1000/mo at 3%, but then again: starting was the hardest part! We will see :-)

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  4. new records are always awesome keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey D&H,

      Sorry for late response.
      Thank you for your comment. Really looking forward to my next record :)

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  5. I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Pedro on this topic.
    Mr Pedro and his loan company gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Pedro on a loan platform so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. With God willing they granted me a loan of 500,000.00 USD. The loan request that my banks here in Ecuador have turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/ Contact if you wish to apply for a loan from them.
    pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete