Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dividend income & raise - June 2016

June was a great month, despite Great Brittain choosing to leave the EU.
As a matter of fact, the portfolio achieved its alltime high dividend income!
Hopefully my first 3 digit income, soon. :)

Here's the breakdown.

Dividend income

JNJ $12.80
TGT $15.68
AFL $7.79
MCD $4.45
CVX $10.70
TROW $6.48
QCOM $7.42
WFC $6.46
ADM $6.90
UNP $4.40

Total June: $89.58 (pre tax)
Net received: $76.14



Comparison with last year (gross)
June 2015: $54.02
June 2016: $89.58

This is a 66% YoY increase. Once again, I'm very happy with this progress!

Dividend raises

On June 8th, TGT increased their quarterly dividend from $0.56 to $0.60.
This is a 7.14% increase. Due to this change, my YOC is now at 4.09%.

Update on goals
My goal is to receive $750 net dividends in 2016.
With the first half year already in the books, I'm afraid I am behind on schedule..
Net dividends received so far: $300.24, while it should have been $375.

Due to a recent car accident, I had to buy another (used) car.
Good news however: the accident did not harm me in any way.
I'm very happy to be alive, as it was an accident at the highway due to aquaplaning.

Bad news: it was an old car, so my own costs to replace it, are not insured. That's why I have to refill my emergency funds, lowering the amount I could invest for the next 10~11 months.
But after all, that's just money and my health is a lot more important than that!

How was your June? Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Always nice to hear you achieving an all time high for dividend income. Impressive year over year gain too. Glad to hear you are OK after your accident. A car wreck will always help keep things in perspective regarding what's really important. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely right DivHut. First things first and it's definitely not money.

      Luckily for me, the better half of 2016 just started today! We'll see what the future holds.

      Have a great weekend. DfS

      Delete
  2. The best thing about this post is that you're okay and weren't hurt in the accident. The money will take care of itself with time. Congrats though on a solid month of dividends. Hitting your first triple digit month is always exciting and hopefully you can get there in September. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support PiP. Health over money any day!

      Great day to you too.

      Delete
  3. Great to see a 66% increase YoY. Congrats on the div income DFS.

    Keep up the great work!
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey R2R,

      Thanks for stepping by!
      It's much appreciated.

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  4. Goog going. Very Nice increase! And within 3 years!

    Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete