Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dividend income - January 2016

April was not the most lucrative month of all times, but every penny helps.

Dividend income

GE $9.20
WMT $6.37
Total $15.57 (net $13.23)

Despite the small amount of dividends received, it's still a 100% increase, as I did not receive any dividends in January last year.




Dividend raise

Over the last couple of weeks, I received several dividend raises! That's one of the best parts of this strategy, as we all know. All I did was waking up in the morning to receive these raises. They are small, but steady.

T raised their annual dividend from $1.88 to $1.92. +2.13%
OHI raised their annual dividend from $2.24 to $2.28. +1.79%

Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. January was a low month for me too. But most importantly we both are well ahead of last year.
    Here's to more exciting February!
    BR, DL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DL,

      It looks like February is getting much more interesting so hang on there! :)

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  2. Low month of high month... it's all passive income that will grow over time. Nothing to complain about that :) Of course, getting divvy increases doesn't hurt either. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DivHut,

      You are very right. Happy with every penny of course :)

      Have a great weekend!
      DfS

      Delete
  3. Hi DFS,

    You receive dividends from Total company, but in your portfolio I don't see Total.
    Can you please update your portfolio.
    I also start last year with a Dividend portfolio and we are at the same way. I like your site and keep posting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Willem,

      Thanks for your support! I love hearing from fellow investors, who follow the path of DGI.


      You are right, I'm not posting much at the moment.
      This has to change, but I was so busy moving the last couple of weeks..

      Good luck with your plans.
      Total is not one of my holdings. With 'Total' I mean the total amount.. $9.20 (from GE) + $6.37 (from WMT) = total of $17.57. You understand?

      Best wishes,
      DfS

      Delete
  4. Nice uptrend on that graph DfS! Its fun to compare monthly dividend income across different year in this way -- I use a similar chart.

    Keep up the good work!
    FerdiS, DivGro

    ReplyDelete