Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dividend income - July 2015

July was an OK month.
2 of the 13 companies I am currently invested in, paid me their dividends.

It was the first time I received dividends from GE.

KO - $13.53
GE - $9.20
Total July (gross): $22.73
Total dividends received in 2015: $160.33 (net)

My 2015 goal for dividends is to receive a net total of $300 of them.
We are 7 months deep in the year, meaning I averaged $22.90 per month.

If this continues, we are failing the goal!
However, August & December should be great months, so I still have confidence I could reach the goal.



The most interesting part to me, is the ability to start comparing to the result of last year.
I have been looking forward to this!

July 2014: $22.08
July 2015: $22.73

This is a 2.94% increase.
Last year my broker paid AT&T dividends in July. That's why the difference is not too big.
Looking forward to August!

How was your July?

Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. Calm before storm, eh?:) Let's hope that August gets you back on track with your goal!
    Best regards,
    DL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DL,

      Thanks for stopping by!
      I sure hope so. :)

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  2. Let's hope you'll get more dividend in August. The way to make sure you can meet your goal is to continue investing fresh capital. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tawcan, I'm sure we'll get more in August!
      I'll try to keep up. This month is holiday month, so that'll be tougher to save some money, but I'll definitely try.

      Thanks for stopping by.
      DfS

      Delete
  3. I'm in the same boat as you DfS. July was a very slow month for me and August won't be much better. The vast majority of my stocks pay out in March, June, September and December so I count on those months for a boost. Keep chugging away and we'll hit our goals.

    Take care,

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ken,

      Thanks for your support!
      We will probably do just fine, if we continue to invest in quality companies.

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  4. KO and GE. Two dividend stalwarts that seem to be in every long term dividend growth portfolio. I still wouldn't worry too much about reaching your goal for 2015. First, as long as there is growth year over year you are on the right track. Second, the big months, September and December have yet to occur when most dividends are paid out. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DivHut,

      Sorry for my late response, I was in London for a small vacation :)

      I'm with you! September and August look very promising so far.
      We should be fine.

      Have a nice day.
      DfS

      Delete
  5. I haven't totalled mined up yet for July but I imagine it is similar to everyone else's. Dividends are dividends and mean money in your pocket!
    DFG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DFG,

      Thanks for your visit!
      Hope to see you more often.

      Hope your July & August were great :)

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete