Monday, August 31, 2015

Dividend Income - August 2015

August was a great month. As a matter of fact, it was my best month ever!
This is very exciting to me. I did not expect to have $50+ months within just 14 months.
I'm loving this and I hope to break records many more times!

It was the first time I received dividends from OHI (wow!) & KMI.

T - $23.03
PG - $8.62
OHI - $18.15
KMI - $9.20

Total August (gross): $59.11
Total dividends received in 2015: $210.57 (net)

My 2015 goal for dividends is to receive a net total of $300 of them.
Currently, I received an average of $26.32 per month.

If this continues, we are passing the goal!
Thanks to August, our expectation changed from failing to passing. Great news!



Comparison with last year
July 2014: $32.79
July 2015: $59.11

This is a 80.26% increase.
This is where the true power of compounding and steadily investing with fresh capital kicks in!
I'm very happy to see this is possible, even with a small income.

How was your August?

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. You have 4 great stock picks and congratulations on your August dividend income!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DD,

      You are right. I'm very happy with these quality companies.
      Thanks for your visit!

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 80% increase! Good luck in your future investing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HHWG,

      Thanks for your visit and your compliments!

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your best month ever for dividends and year over year growth. Liking your OHI holding as it's a consideration of mine eventually. For now I'm sticking with VTR, HCP and HCN. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DivHut,

      Thanks for your continued support.
      I'm loving the OHI dividend payout!
      However, you already have 3 REITs. They are more risky than other investments for a reason, but the return sure looks tempting!

      Talking about growth.. wait 'till you see September!

      Have a great day.
      DfS

      Delete
  4. OHI and T... Gotta love those high yields. Keep up the great work!

    ADD

    ReplyDelete