Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dividend income - June 2015

June was a great month for me!

Dividend income

JNJ $12.00
TGT $14.56
AFL $7.41
MCD $9.35
CVX $10.70

Total June: $54.02 (pre 15% tax)

In order to achieve the annual $300 of net dividends, I should have received $150 by now.
The total net dividends of 2015 are currently at $141.01, so I'm a little bit behind, but I think it will work out just fine!

Being behind schedule gives me motivation to research new investment opportunities!



Dividend raise

Exactly 1 year ago, TGT was in big problems. The stock has had a huge downfall due to several problems. This gave me a very appealing entry point, as marked at the graph below.

TGT graph which indicates my point of entry
After that, things have gone very well for TGT. The stock value has risen from $58 to over $80 now. This makes TGT by far my best performing stock. Current price is +38%. Of course I'm keeping this winner!

The 7.69% dividend increase they announced recently, is just another example why this is a great stock to have.

TGT raised their annual dividend from $2.08 to $2.24.

Excited about next month

Getting into July next month will be very exciting for me.
Last year in July, my first dividends ever, were deposited into my account.
This means I'm able to start comparing dividend results to last year, which is something I have been looking forward to.

Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the update, DFS. Im sure you will catch and meet your goal if oyu keep investing for the rest of the year.

    Best wishes
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey R2R,

      Thanks for your comment!
      I hope you are right :)
      Will do my best of course!

      Have a great day. DfS

      Delete
  2. DfS, nice dividends there, specially from TGT. And after that increase you are already guaranteed to get more dividends from TGT in september.
    When you are able to compare your results to last year, that's when the fun really begins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dividend Lord,

      Absolutely, really looking forward to that point!
      Thanks for your support.

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  3. TGT is on a roll these days isnt it! Congrats on holding it and your other dividends as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adam,

      Absolutely. Let's keep the winners and average down the losers :)

      Thanks for your visit!
      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  4. Hi Dfs

    Great dividend income, keep the snowball rolling and you will exceed your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      Thanks for your visit and your kind words!
      It's much appreciated and I'm sure you're right. :)

      Best wishes, DfS

      Delete
  5. Pretty good news for you overall! Keep up the "hard" work! ;-)

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea, it is hard work!
      No, not really.. loving this kind of "hard" work.

      Have a nice day Mike.
      DfS

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the dividend income. Keep the ball rolling and you'll be getting more next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tawcan,

      Definitely looking forward to that!
      Will do my best.

      Thanks for your continued support.
      DfS

      Delete
  7. Congrats on building your own dividend snowball. We have a few names in common between our portfolios for the month which is always nice to see. Enjoy those dividend raises too.

    ReplyDelete