Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Update on the goals

As of today, our national soccer team scored an amazing number of 12 goals during the World Championship.
This is good news, but not the news I want to talk about.

Save at least €200 annually on some unnecessary expenses
I've moved 2 years ago, but I was still paying some of the bills of my previous home. This is because my parents still live there. Two weeks ago I've talked to them and we agreed to change this. As of next month they will be paying their own internet and television bills. This saves me €564 annually!

Sell at least worth of €300 on Ebay
This is a difficult one for me. I'm not very good at selling stuff I don't use anymore. My Wii, several collectors editions of games and some old hardware have been eating dust for a couple of years now. This money should work for me, but instead it's devaluating each month. The deadline is in 2 months so I have to start sacrificing something for the greater good.

Stop buying expensive stuff I don't need
So far so good. The only temptation I had was the Steam Summersale. I love gaming and I have about 250 games in my library. Of those games, about 100 are never even started after buying them..
When I was in college I had a lot of time for gaming, but when you start living on your own and getting a fulltime job, there is little time left to spend on gaming. However, I had more money so I kept buying games..

I'd like to think it's some sort of addiction and I am trying to stop it! As I said.. so far so good. :)

Receive $200 on dividends annually by the end of 2015
I have amazing news on this one. My broker pays dividend on the ex-dividend date. AT&T annouced their dividend payout yesterday, which means I received my very first dividend today. This $18.77 ($22.08-$3.31 tax) may seem small, but I am very excited about this!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment